Project 63 – Vintage Air update

First we removed everything form the engine bay accept the engine and we repainted the engine and engine bay then we re-installed the new brake booster, master and radiator.

We are making good progress on the Vintage Air Gen IV installation. I completed moving the Alt to the driver side using Alan Grove adapters and a wiring harness. We installed the under dash set up, the electronic dash controls, under dash vents, duct work and compressor. We also completed routing and terminating the heater hoses.

There were several recommendations to not route the hoses through the fresh air vent but I decided to go ahead to make the look a little cleaner. I am not sure I am happy with the drivers side vent placement so at some point I may end up getting the later model vent.

Unfortunately 3 of my 4 condenser mounting brackets were missing so I have not been able to complete the condenser install yet. We still have the electric hook ups to complete but it is getting close now.

We also completed installing the clock and new (old look) am/fm radio. Now to insulate the floor and start the carpet and interior installation 🙂






[nggallery id=78]