Project 63 week 3 – Tunnel Repair

Well I am now in week 3 of Project 63 and there has been a lot going on. I started prepping for the Vintage Air install and while removing the old heater system I started to pull back the carpet to find it was pretty well dry rotted so I removed the old carpet. Once I removed the carpet I uncovered a very poor tunnel and rear diff fiberglass repair. I cut out the old areas and I ordered a replacement section and tonight I was able to get the first layer of new glass grafted into the new area .

While I had the top side of the tunnel apart I went ahead and changed out the rear pinion and transmission pinion seals and installed new U-Joints. I also de-greased and painted as much of the chassis that I could see from the top side and I installed a new front diff rubber mount.






[nggallery id=76]